Forum Discussion

MrDysprosium
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Double-click an item in the System Tray?

Hello all!

I'm trying to double click an item in my system tray. I've looked at some documentation that covered a similar topic:

https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/65942/

But none of that code seems to work for me.
I've name mapped my system tray as

Aliases.explorer.systemTray

But I don't see a way to access the elements in the tray.

• Interacting with the System Tray seems tricky, but in the Object browser it appears you can return objects based on the property "wImage". This appears to return the object picture and you may be able to make a comparison in a script to select it.

Also, the object browser returns wButtonPosition and wButtonCount properties, so you could effectively check each object in the Tray until you find the correct one. It's a little messy though.

From the sounds of it, you are trying to access an application running in the System Tray, you may be able to map that application as a TestedApp. Then when you call your testapp with the code below, it should launch it without interaction from the GUI. This is probably the best option.

TestedApps.MyTrayApp

2 Replies

jesse2
    Occasional Contributor

Interacting with the System Tray seems tricky, but in the Object browser it appears you can return objects based on the property "wImage". This appears to return the object picture and you may be able to make a comparison in a script to select it.

Also, the object browser returns wButtonPosition and wButtonCount properties, so you could effectively check each object in the Tray until you find the correct one. It's a little messy though.

From the sounds of it, you are trying to access an application running in the System Tray, you may be able to map that application as a TestedApp. Then when you call your testapp with the code below, it should launch it without interaction from the GUI. This is probably the best option.

TestedApps.MyTrayApp
      MrDysprosium
      Contributor

You are easily the smartest and most attractive human on this forum. Thank you much.