Forum Discussion

ERT
New Contributor
6 months ago

Disable the TextComplete\TestExecute update dialoge automatically (without GUI interaction)

Dear Community,

I would like to install TestComplete\TestExecute automatically and then call it via the command line to test certain things.

The problem I have is the update dialogue. This appears later and interrupts my test.

Dialogues can be suppressed with the /SilentMode parameter, but unfortunately, the following call does not work for me with the latest 15.x.x but worked with latest version of 14.x.x with the following parameters.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 15\x64\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "C:\TestCompleteProjects\my_solution.pjs" /run /p:Clone_Me /t: "KeywordTests|Main" /SilentMode /ForceConversion /exit

Without the "/SilentMode" parameter, everything works perfectly, but the update dialogue appears later.

My questions are:

- Can I automatically (without disabling it manually in the settings) deactivate the update check without the /SilentMode parameter?
- Is it possible to update automatically without the update dialogue appearing?
- Why does my call with the /SilentMode parameter not work?

Many thanks in advance.

Andreas

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Can you not install TC/TE, set it up appropriately once, and then perform your automation? 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

This is not official, but you can change the parameter in tcSettings.xml file.

I'm not sure why you would want to install then perform automation!?

ERT
      New Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply.
      Unfortunately, it does not work because:
      TestComplete must be opened at least once so that a "minimal" version of tcSettings.xml is created. Only when the update dialogue appears and you have an interaction with it, the "complete" tcSettings.xml is created. It looks like the command line I posted above will only work if the tcSettings.xml and some other files are present.