Forum Discussion

chrismag
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Concurrent tests in TestComplete Desktop

Hi, though I have seen this question asked and answered, I am not sure if it is possible on the desktop version of TestComplete.

I basically want to create a test and then re-run it multiple times concurrently. At the moment I have included a for each statement so when the test starts again, an error is generated stating an object that it cannot be found.

However, if I produce a test where I close the application at the end it then happly completes the test successfully on the next loop.

Can I achieve what I want?

Thanks

Chris 

• Concurrently?

You mean threaded. You want the same test running in multiple threads simultaneously?

In which case, no. Sounds like you're trying to do some sort of load testting? TestComplete has no concept of concurrency.

So unless you meant consecutively, then I suspect you're out of luck. Putting things in a very fast loop to write to a DB will get you lots of consecutive entries, but not concurrent ones.

I do something similar to load test using real browsers, but I don't use TestComplete for it.

9 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

Yes you can do that ..actually possibilities are endless.
    with given info I assume you have included loging part in the loop.
    if my assumption is correct, the object it cannot find is in loging or starting of application.

when you do someting for a object (window) it should be exist and accesible by TC.

probably the window you are dealing with is blocking starting /logging of application.
    So either designe loging part out of loop or closing the application also in the loop.

chrismag
      New Contributor
      Thank you.

I have designed a test where you can achieve concurrent hits to the database from the UI.

However I assume from your last comment that having multiple loggings (or processes) at the same time isn't achievable. As the object is blocked in some way?

Thanks
        Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

Concurrently?

You mean threaded. You want the same test running in multiple threads simultaneously?

In which case, no. Sounds like you're trying to do some sort of load testting? TestComplete has no concept of concurrency.

So unless you meant consecutively, then I suspect you're out of luck. Putting things in a very fast loop to write to a DB will get you lots of consecutive entries, but not concurrent ones.

I do something similar to load test using real browsers, but I don't use TestComplete for it.