Forum Discussion

lodecesa
Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

ClickItem select another Option

Hi all,

in a script test I'm trying to select a Select Option with the ClickItem function but TestComplete select the Option that is ten positions above the desired one.

The script portion is:

selectElement.scrollIntoView();
selectElement.clickItem(elementName);

The HTML code is

<select _ngcontent-yqp-c115="" class="form-select form-select-sm select-dark ng-pristine ng-valid ng-touched" id="id-3">
  <option _ngcontent-yqp-c115="" id="idOpt-3-24" value="16: 24">
    <span _ngcontent-yqp-c115="" class="select-option-dark">
      Bahamas
    </span>
  </option>
  <option _ngcontent-yqp-c115="" id="idOpt-3-34" value="26: 34">
    <span _ngcontent-yqp-c115="" class="select-option-dark">
      Bolivia
    </span>
  </option>
</select>

During the test execution the mouse pointer correctly select the Option desired but when the panel of the select is closed the item selected result the wrong item.

I do this two times in a script on two long Select and I have the same behaviour.

Why does this happen?

Thanks

Lorenzo

• What browser are you using?

Chrome 115 is out and it may be causing ClickItem issues again

11 Replies

jkrolczy
    Regular Contributor
    What browser are you using?

lodecesa
      Contributor

jkrolczy wrote:
      What browser are you using?

That was the problem!

Thanks

jkrolczy
        Regular Contributor

Did you open up a ticket with support so this can be addressed in the next update of TestComplete ?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Here's example code using website https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select

function SelectItem()
    {
        var page = Sys.Browser().Page("https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select").FindElement("#iframeResult");
        var listbox = page.FindElement("//select[@id=(//label[.='Choose a car:']/@for)]");
        listbox.ClickItem("Audi");
    }

that correctly selects item Audi from the drop down list.

The only issue with ClickItem method, is that it iterates through all items - I've reported the issue, and hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

lodecesa
      Contributor

Sorry but this not function for me, the drop down list have several items and ClickItem don't select the correct item.

I have several Dropdown lists in my page but TestComplete don't work correctly. Don't select the correct Item. I have setted some breakpoints, before execute the command I highlight the Dropdown affected by the command and TC highlight it correctly. When I execute the command (ClickItem) TC select the right Item but when the Dropdown is closed the item that is selected is the wrong one.

All this behavior is unacceptable

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

lodecesa :

Hi,

The code and markup that you've provided look to be correct, so I would report a problem to Support via the https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/ form. Your case seems to be different from the behavior described by rraghvani, but I am not excluding the possibility that they both have the same root. Thus you may mention rraghvani's case in your ticket as well.

juliemorris
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have updated my TC build (15.53.2.7) and Chrome is the latest version (115.0.5790.171) and ClickItem is not working. Any other suggestions?

jkrolczy
      Regular Contributor

Hopefully someone has reported this to SmartBear support provide a fix in the next version of TestComplete. 

I think we can assume this all works correctly in Chrome 114 but Chrome 115 have again caused ClickItem issues again.

Seems to be a cycle here when Chrome (Chromium comes out)