Forum Discussion

TestCoeUs1337
Occasional Contributor
3 months ago

Browser window is shaking during test execution

I've had this before, and normally it does not matter because I was asserting properties of given elements but now I do some visual assertions, and the image assertion fails because of that.. Basically an assertion is done during the "shaking" and it does not see it as the same picture...

I tried googling this before but I don't know if anyone reported it before? Maybe using word "shaking" isn't necessarily the most precise, but the browser wobbly..

Cant give any screencast because it's commercial project but I hope this is enough to explain?

6 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Is it the actual browser window that's moving, or the browser page moving?

What assertions are you performing (checkpoint, region check)?

What version of TC are you using?

TestCoeUs1337
      Occasional Contributor

I'm using 15.42.9.7 x86 version

I'm doing Regions.imageName.Check(photo, false, false, xxxx, xx) checkpoint however I've encountered that problem with other assertions ( cant remember now when exactly, happens sometimes)

it looks like the entire browser is moving, and that happens with every browser I've tested on (chrome, edge)

did u come across anything similar before? 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Browser moving is very ambiguous! If the browser is maximised, then I can't really see the window moving.

If you are not able to provide any screenshots of the failure, then I suggest you read through How Image Comparison Works to get a better understanding

TestCoeUs1337
      Occasional Contributor

thanks for your response! Unfortunately I cannot provide a video of the issue because it's a commercial product and screenshot wouldn't be helpful. (However testcomplete asserts the image while the browser is moving.. this reflects the "actual" image and the test fails). It doesnt just happen during image assertion, I saw that in other tests before. Still wondering what causes it.. 

TestCoeUs1337
    Occasional Contributor

let me picture it this way.. the browser shakes and the "actual result" is moved, the difference is the white bit on it. Our tolerance for differences is low so the test fails. Hope this can be more understandable now.