Forum Discussion

anelson
New Contributor
14 years ago

Are there options for auto-scrolling a grid/window?

I am using TestComplete 8.2 and testing a new version of my application.  I have tested this application using TC since version 3.  Until recently, I never had the below problem.  Now, since obtaining the new version of my app under test, whenever I click in a grid, it automatically scrolls to the bottom of the window before clicking or selecting an item.  This of course causes issues.  Does anyone know about any options in TC that would cause auto-scrolling when under automated control?  I can manually do the same actions as the automated tests and no auto-scrolling occurs.

The grids themselves are Farpoint Spread controls that Test Complete does not support.  This is not a major problem as I just use coordinate clicks (argh!) and that works (or at least it used to).  The application is written in C++ using Borland Builder 6.  Any help is appreciated!

1 Reply

• Hi Andre,

Since TestComplete uses coordinate clicks to work with the grid control, I do not think that there is an option that can cause this unsupported grid control to scroll automatically. It seems that the behavior you face is caused by some general behavior which is not related to these controls.

You can try calling the SetFocus method before clicking the object. Most probably, the scroll action will be performed and your click action will work without problems.

If you want us to investigate why this happens, please send us images of a video demonstrating this problem. You can submit files to us using the Contact Support form.