Forum Discussion

mima_vasiljevic
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

An issue with textbox - Failed to enter text in the edit box, since it is a read only

I recorded a keyword test in WPF application, which went something like this:

1. On mouse click it opens a popup window, with two textbox fields and a submit button

2. In first texbox I entered a value 100, second box remained blank.

3. Clicked Submit and that value was added to a new screen (which is not relevant I guess in this point).

When I wanted to play that test, test stopped on textbox without entering value and I received and error "Failed to enter text in the edit box, since it is a read only" (text box in my application has a property which says IsReadOnly = False, but when I try to do a property checkpoint with isReadOnly= False, it fails.)

My problem is how to enter value in that textbox.

Anyone had that problem before or knows how to work with it?

• Have you tried putting a few seconds delay (ie - click ... wait ... enter text) in for a sanity check?

It may just be that the textbox is not fully rendered and enabled at the point it's trying to enter text on it ...

2 Replies

• Have you tried putting a few seconds delay (ie - click ... wait ... enter text) in for a sanity check?

It may just be that the textbox is not fully rendered and enabled at the point it's trying to enter text on it ...