Forum Discussion

nbrooks3
New Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

Swagger UI is showing "null" for "Example Value" for every API endpoint of our application

I'm not very familiar with the backend of our application, but am trying to investigate why our all of our endpoints are missing "example values" on our app's Swagger page.

We're not confident when exactly this started occurring, but they were definitely ALL present a few weeks ago.

How might I proceed next in trying to understand why this may be happening?

There haven't been any obvious modifications to our project dependencies, swagger configuration, etc. I checked our recent MRs and I think the only thing that was changed in anything having to do with swagger was the addition of a @Qualifier annotation to an Autowiring of "RequestMappingInfoHandlerMapping", although I don't know anything about it.

I understand all of this isn't a lot of information, but I don't know what I don't know. I will try my best to respond to questions for further information.

I saw a lot of mentions of "Springfox" when googling about this issue but I don't believe we use this, as searches for this term in our code come up null.

Thank you for your time.

• Hi, chichepo.

I am extremely pleased to share that I was going to note the version of springdoc we were using, noticed there was a newer version, and that upgrading to the newer version fixed our issue. We were on 1.6.3 but 1.7.0 fixed it.

2 Replies

chichepo
    Champion Level 3

nbrooks3 

Can you provide more specific examples?
    Are you able to share code or part of your code?

nbrooks3
      New Contributor

Hi, chichepo.

I am extremely pleased to share that I was going to note the version of springdoc we were using, noticed there was a newer version, and that upgrading to the newer version fixed our issue. We were on 1.6.3 but 1.7.0 fixed it.