Forum Discussion

MatthewBeste
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Running commandline with -h overwrites endpoint

Hi,
I have a test case that has rest requests and one soap request in it. It works fine when running it in soapui. I run the tests against different environments so I use the -h option to overwrite the host name. This works fine for the rest requests but it appears that it is overwriting the entire endpoint in the soap request. I need to know if this is a know issue and if there is a workaround.

6 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    As it says, -h option is overwrite the host name in the all endpoints, i.e., host name will be part of the endpoint. That option will help to run the same soapui project against different environments like dev, qa, staging etc. without open the soapui project and modifying.

Here, do you mean to say, it is overwriting the entire endpoing url with just hostname instead just replacing it for only hostname?
    MatthewBeste
    Occasional Contributor
    I mean to say that it is overwriting the full endpoint with just the -h option. I am using 4.5.1 Build [internal], Build Date 2012/06/27 13:56
    Do you think just updating to the newest version will fix it. I guess since this appears to not be normal I am going to upgrade to 4.5.2 and see if that helps.
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    I've checked the soapui source code (both 4.5.1 and 4.5.2)
    This is the same code that peform the host replacement for the rest and wsdl testcase

Could you send us
    - the value of the endpoint for a soap test case where the endpoint is entirely overidden
    - value of the endpoint of rest test case
    - the value of the -h option to be used as replacement

Thx
    MatthewBeste
    Occasional Contributor
    When you say send where do you want me to send it do you want me to post it on the board or email it some where?
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Post here in this topic if there is no sensitive data involved.