Forum Discussion

MistaWizard
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

ajax plugin

Hi all,   Is there a way to view the ajax-content inside of soapUI?   I'm trying to view the web application but all i can see is the barebone HTML. I'm using REST to login and call the servlet b...
    rupert_anderson
    9 years ago

Hi,

OK, I think I see what you're looking to do and why you wanted to request the web page in order to trigger the AJAX update.

Like you have described, it would probably be more straight forward to use something like the HTTP Request TestStep to instead directly test the endpoint that the AJAX code calls (presumably the one who's shown in the screen shot) - something like this:

Where you would obviously replace the URL with your one and the posted content with your own. Looks like your AJAX call does:

Request URL=https://e1.pncie.com/payments/recordFinancialAccount.do

Method=POST

Media Type=application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Not sure if there is any security to deal with, but I can make a GET request to that URL with a broswer, so maybe not.

Assuming you can replicate the AJAX POST request like above (with correct request body content), something like this seems a better use of SoapUI than the Groovy / Selenium approach.

Regards,

Rup