Forum Discussion

ipsi
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Monitor formatting outgoing messages - WTF?

I only noticed this recently, and it just about blew my mind.

I'm using SOAP UI 3.5 Free Edition, dist-87-2010-03-01, and the Monitor is running in Tunnel mode.

I've been using SOAP UI as a redirection tool to send messages to a client that I can't access directly, so that I can get a quicker feedback cycle (and thus find/fix problems more quickly).

However, I recently had to sign the outgoing messages, and I started getting back 'signature invalid' exceptions. I was a little confused until I checked the raw data that was being sent from the monitor, and noticed that the message had been nicely formatted for me. That's great, except that it completely breaks the signature, and unfortunately renders SOAP UI rather less than usable for me now.

So: Is this intended behaviour? If it is, why? And can I turn it off?

If it's not, then is it a known bug?

Thanks all.

3 Replies

ipsi
    Occasional Contributor
    No one has any ideas what's going on here, and if I can turn it off?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

This should be working ok in the current beta2 version, although the Raw Request display still formats the request (fixed in upcoming nightly build).

Thanks for persisting!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    ipsi
    Occasional Contributor
    Good to know, thanks. I'll probably hold off until the next version is released, as it seems to have magically started working. Not sure why (maybe the other end are ignoring invalid sigs), but I'm glad to know its fixed. :-)