Forum Discussion

jfesri
Occasional Contributor
10 days ago

Test Runner - Report All in One File

Hi,

I'm trying to sort out if it's possible to use the reporting functionality to export test step results to an XML file, but have all results in one file? We currently use this feature to export results for different test cases into different files but we'd like them all in one file to help add better logging to the system we use to run things.

Is this possible? It doesn't seem so but thought I would ask here. Thanks!

Jonathan

5 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Would you please show how they are currently and how you are expecting? You may use screenshot or short recording if needed.

jfesri
    Occasional Contributor

We have some reports now (the HTML documents you see) that show all tests and all failures, etc. That's fine. But what we really want are the logs for each step in each test that you see below with all those text files(this is just a sample, there are a ton of these files). If we could have that be one file, that would be ideal.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Are you referring the file names starting with "Workflow_"?

Are these xml or simple text files? 

Do you think just merging them into single would be enough?

jfesri
    Occasional Contributor

I am referring to those, yes. They are simple text files but I'm sure we could have them be XML. I'm just not sure if ReadyAPI can handle the merging into a single file as part of its reporting capability or if we need to do that outside of ReadyAPI? 

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

It is very much possible to combine those all into single file using one liner command both on windows and linux platforms

Here is some examples:

Linux:

cat Workflow*.txt >> CombinedFile.txt

Windows:

copy /b Workflow*.txt CombinedFile.txt