Forum Discussion

gfloodgate
New Contributor
13 years ago

SoapUI 4.0.1 Clean Install: Mac OSX 'beachball of death'

Hi,

I came across SoapUI and wanted to test it out.
I was, however, sorely disappointed by my experience after installation on a Mac OS X system.

I downloaded the .dmg, and ran the installer - all good, then started the application.
It seemed to load well, but I noticed that the browser window was missing a frame (window bar) - then the beachball of death started and did not stop.

The only way to kill the app was a force quit.
Subsequent attempts lead to identical behaviour, but do not even get to load the browser window - an image of what i see is attached.

My system is as follows:

Mac OS X - Snow Lepoard 10.6.8
Java Version:

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11-402-10M3527)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02-402, mixed mode)

I have a Windows VM, I downloaded and installed the windows version, which works perfectly on the VM.

BUT I do not want to have to use a VM to run software that supposedly supports MacOS ?
Any assistance would be most welcome !!

Thanks

15 Replies

• The problem is still on 4.5

Click on the Ad Window (not on ad, on empty space), click Command+F4 (meaning Cmd+Fn+F4)
    LindaBinda
    New Contributor
    I'm guessing no one is answering?

I downloaded and tried to install soapui today 4.5.1, MAC OS X 10.5.8... I click the installer... nothing happens (the volume is mounted), over and over and over.

Anyone have a clue?

(I tried removing and redownloading... no help.
  • Regarding the Frame problem, I was able to make this work after going to the preferences and on the "UI Settings" -> "Use native Look & Feel".
    I restarted the SoapUI and all went well
  • I have the same problem, but one workaround appears to be starting SoapUI from terminal:

shark:bin ian$ cd /Applications/SmartBear/soapUI-4.5.1.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin
    shark:bin ian$ ./soapui.sh

Which perhaps implies something about the java launcher being used? Not convenient, but I would still like to thank SmartBear for releasing such and excellent tool for free...