Forum Discussion

AngieD18
Contributor
6 months ago
Solved

ReadyAPI Update - Moved from 3.30.0 to 3.49.0 - Project Issues

Hi.

We were on ReadyAPI 3.30.0, and just loaded the 3.49.0 update.

Was 3.49.0 supposed to overlay the existing 3.30.0?  I now have two versions of ReadyAPI.  The bigger problem is that the new version is not recognizing my projects.  I would export, and import them, but I cannot get into 3.30.0.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Angie

• Hey AngieD18 

Whether you got upgraded or a fresh install would've been determined by the directory you would've installed into - It's been several years since I upgraded a ReadyAPI instance  - I typically install a fresh version now - but that's the way it used to work - install to same directory and you'd get an upgrade, different directory you'd get fresh instance.

Can you clarify what you mean by saying v3.49 "isn't recognising" your projects - can you expand exactly what's occurring/what you are seeing?  Are all the project greyed out/disabled or something else?  If the .xml in the project file becomes malformed xml (corrupted) or worse corruption (schema invalid) - then projects become un-openable.  You have to fix the corruption BEFORE you can open the projects up in ReadyAPI.

Depending on your answer about the later version not recognising your projects - cos I'm not 100% what youre seeing - can you not try removing v3.49.0?  

Obviously I don't know whats going on with your machine - but the fact you can't access your projects in v3.49 - means youve got problems with that version anyway - so no great loss.  Once you've uninstalled v3.49.0, restart your machine - launch the previous version (that's still installed) and check if you can access your projects from 3.30.

At this point - I'd try either of the following.  

1. Fresh install of v3.49.0 (ensuring to install in a new directory) - if you get the same problems (although I suspect this uninstall/reinstall would've fixed issue) - go to 2

2. Uninstall both versions of ReadyAPI.  Restart  your machine,  Install v3.49.0 

Is everyone on the userId licensing now - just wondering what licensing you're using?

Cheers,

Rich

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hey AngieD18 

Whether you got upgraded or a fresh install would've been determined by the directory you would've installed into - It's been several years since I upgraded a ReadyAPI instance  - I typically install a fresh version now - but that's the way it used to work - install to same directory and you'd get an upgrade, different directory you'd get fresh instance.

Can you clarify what you mean by saying v3.49 "isn't recognising" your projects - can you expand exactly what's occurring/what you are seeing?  Are all the project greyed out/disabled or something else?  If the .xml in the project file becomes malformed xml (corrupted) or worse corruption (schema invalid) - then projects become un-openable.  You have to fix the corruption BEFORE you can open the projects up in ReadyAPI.

Depending on your answer about the later version not recognising your projects - cos I'm not 100% what youre seeing - can you not try removing v3.49.0?  

Obviously I don't know whats going on with your machine - but the fact you can't access your projects in v3.49 - means youve got problems with that version anyway - so no great loss.  Once you've uninstalled v3.49.0, restart your machine - launch the previous version (that's still installed) and check if you can access your projects from 3.30.

At this point - I'd try either of the following.  

1. Fresh install of v3.49.0 (ensuring to install in a new directory) - if you get the same problems (although I suspect this uninstall/reinstall would've fixed issue) - go to 2

2. Uninstall both versions of ReadyAPI.  Restart  your machine,  Install v3.49.0 

Is everyone on the userId licensing now - just wondering what licensing you're using?

Cheers,

Rich