Forum Discussion

mrdwprice
Contributor
7 months ago

ReadyAPI changes in background - Git Integration

I'm using ReadyAPI 3.48.0 together with GitLab.
After pulling the latest version of the project from GitLab and not making any changes at all,
I can see that ReadyAPI makes hundreds of changes in the background. Adding the following under con:settings:

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

The next team member that pushes automatically has the same thing removed in the same files.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

4 Replies

• Our team members are all on the same ReadyAPI version. We have the same preferences set in ReadyAPI (including those recommended for best practice for working with Git). We have also attempted to start over by everyone binning their local repository and cloning from Git.

The issue keeps returning.... 

marcanik
    Occasional Visitor

Hi, 

mrdwprice I can confirm, that in our company is doing exactly same thing. I Just open Ready Api. Save everything, in git option I check if there are any uncommited changes (nothing there), but when I pull, then all of the suden dozens of changes appear. And when I inspect them, there are things like changing ids of elements in XML or parts of xml looks like deleted, but just under this deletion is same thing added again. Its really confusing and its really making mess in our tests.

richie
    Community Hero

Hey mrdwprice,

aah!  I actually had exactly the same thing several years ago - but I can't remember what I did - I was working for a different company then so I haven't even got the project I was working on to work out what I did.

I'll try and remember - unsure if I posted a request on the forum about this, but I'll have a search and maybe on stackoverflow as well.

Cheers,

Rich

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

While it is good to use git within the ReadyAPI, but I would use git related activities out side of the tools by using git bash / ui or tortoise which are designed for that purpose.