Forum Discussion

stellam
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Lost Test Cases

I renamed my project and test suites. I have lost all the tests. How can i recover my test cases and project? How will l manage to recover my tests l have had tills 2023-04-18.

stellam
    2 years ago

No,l re-named on the functional tests level. l cloned the test suite re-named, saved the, TCs vanished...Only APIs were visible. Is there a way one can retrieve tests from the logs history and run them in the suite?

• Unfortunately it is not visible.

8 Replies

• stellam when you say you renamed project and test suites, you renamed them from within ReadyAPI or outside of it (via Windows Explorer for example). Is it a single project file or a composite project that is affected?

stellam
      Occasional Contributor
      Het MConneely,
      Thanks for the response. I did all the changes in the Ready API tool. I don know if its possible to find the project l had on 2023/04/18 for l had put alot of effort with assertions n test data.
      Regatta
      Stella

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
      stellam
      Occasional Contributor

No,l re-named on the functional tests level. l cloned the test suite re-named, saved the, TCs vanished...Only APIs were visible. Is there a way one can retrieve tests from the logs history and run them in the suite?

• Right so you renamed down at this level.

And now you are saying that you have no Test Suites or Test Cases like below

You may need to provide an image to help clarify.

You are in the correct 'Workspace' right?

stellam
      Occasional Contributor
      [cid:image001.png@01D97438.7187B510]
        thatsthat
        Contributor

Unfortunately it is not visible.

IonutSKL
    Occasional Contributor

It's an issue I think starting from ReadyAPI 3.44.0. 
    When a testSuite is cloned in a composite project, it's created a new testSuite but the old one is removed. 

I need to go manually and edit element.order and project.content files in order to keep both of them. 

ā€ƒ