Forum Discussion

minhng
Occasional Contributor
13 days ago
Solved

JDBC results are stored in the ReadyAPI project

Hi,

I see that the search results retured from a JDBC-test step are stored in the test case file in my composite project. It makes the file size turns out to be huge and is impossible to push into GitHub - where the file size limit is 50MB.

My question is how to prevent test runs from storing JDBC response in the file and how to remove those in existing files.

Thanks in advance.

• I have figured out why the test case xml file is growing big. It is caused by the smart assertion in the JDBC-test step. The records in the response are stored in the xml-file.

I deleted the assertion and add a subsequent Groovy test step to verify the result. The file size is reduced remarkably. 

3 Replies

minhng
    Occasional Contributor

I have figured out why the test case xml file is growing big. It is caused by the smart assertion in the JDBC-test step. The records in the response are stored in the xml-file.

I deleted the assertion and add a subsequent Groovy test step to verify the result. The file size is reduced remarkably. 

minhng
    Occasional Contributor

Yes. In my composite project there are one xml file for each test case. The particular test case has a JDBC-request test step to search for a customer with specific attributes to use in the following test steps. The JDBC-response can contain many records and the test case select only an arbitrary one for executing tests on.

When I open the xml file in Notepad++ and see that the records from the JDBC response are stored in the xml file. They are not relevant info since I do not need them in the subsequent test run which might need another set of test data from db.

I have tried to set the attribute "Discard Response" in the JDBC-Request-TestStep-Properties in ReadyAPI without luck. 
    https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/functional/steps/jdbc-request.html

Or it did work but the data already recorded in the xml file remain...

Anyones is experiencing the same? 

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Does it only happen with JDBC Request? 

What about SOAP / REST Requests?

Is the response stored in a separate file? or in project xml file?

Can you externally do git diff tool to see and revert the change?