Forum Discussion

GerbenNijholt
New Contributor
12 months ago

How to not crash ReadyAPI on a request with a lot of data, like a general "get all customers" call

Hello,

I'm trying to use Smart Assertions in ReadyAPI to easily check for correct data on a response. My problem is that trying to create a Smart Assertion on an endpoint with a response containing a lot of data just straight up leaves ReadyAPI unresponsive and breaks the UI. Is there any way to make Smart Assertions on big general endpoints not completely softlock the application?

5 Replies

GerbenNijholt
      New Contributor

nmrao wrote:
      Try increasing max heap size in .vmoptions

Sadly that didn't change a thing

Regards,
      Gerben

TNeuschwanger
        Champion Level 2

Hello GerbenNijholt ,

just checking how powerful your computer is... The more the better if you have options.

If not, a work around might be to abandon the Smart Assertion in favor of a groovy script test step with an assert in it.  Only ReadyAPI developers know what is going on within the code for Smart Assert feature.  Doing your own helps pinpoint what issues there are and allows you to correct them.

Regards,

Todd

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

What is the max heap size used?

What is the response content size ? in MBs / GBs?

Do you think you can apply filters for the same API if the content is too big to handle?

GerbenNijholt
      New Contributor

I do expect that for something called "Smart Assertion" it would be "Smart" enough to limit itself to an amount it can handle, or at least load the rest in asynchronously as you'd scroll down, or load it in asynchronously in general, since there is no reason why the UI should hang.

But guess i'll write my own scripts then, it's too much to ask of smartbear apparently