Forum Discussion

arupacharya
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Help Needed in removing Bad Codes from Test Step

Hi,

In one of the Requests of a Web Service the Header looks like this.

<soapenv:Header>
<ns:WFContext>
<messageId>data</messageId>
<creationTimestamp>data</creationTimestamp>
<ns:messageId/><ns:creationTimestamp/><ns:activitySourceId>data</ns:activitySourceId><ns:hostName/> <hostName>data</hostName>
<originatorId>data</originatorId>
<originatorIdType>data</originatorIdType>
<initiatorId>data</initiatorId>
<initiatorIdType>data</initiatorIdType>
</ns:WFContext>
</soapenv:Header>

If you look at the 3rd line (highlighted in Bold) there are unnecessary nodes popped up like messageid, timestamp & hostname which have been repeated twice.

When I remove them & execute the Request it works fine i.e. proper Response comes out. I save it & close the request. Again if I open the request these nodes are still coming back resulting in failure of the Test Step. Please help me in getting them removed from the test step as executing the step twice doesnt work for me. I guess that the request is updated each time I am executing the test for some reason

I am using SOAPUI Pro 4.5.1

5 Replies

PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    Hello,

So you are aware these forums are not staffed (The pro forums are however!). Any support here is completely voluntary and thus will likely take time. Be patient, typically questions get answered within a day or so.

As for your issue, I am not sure what it is. Those nodes are null valued (<ns:messageId/> The /> at the end indicates null) and should be correctly accepted as part of the request if they are valid parameters within your API. If they are not valid parameters than you might want to look into updating your WSDL and if they still appear, contact your development team regarding updating and correcting their WSDL.

In the meantime, you can just simply highlight and delete those items. One of the great things about SoapUI is you have full control over your request.
    arupacharya
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks. Sure I will check with the developers & let you know the outcome for reference.
    arupacharya
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

We have solved this problem.

If you see the actual nodes there are no ns: present. We added in every tags & it worked. Obviously the bad codes had to be removed too.