Forum Discussion

bpistole
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

LC4 - Adding Custom Page issue

I just upgrade to LC4 and so far I really like the changes I've seen.  One area I am having issues with is the adding custom pages to a script.  The context menu options are gone which is okay I guess.  However, when I try to drag the Page operation to the scenario explorer I am unable to place it between requests.  It only allows me to place it immediately above an existing Page which is not helpful at all.  There also does not seem to be a way to move existing pages.  Is this the expected behavior or am I doing something wrong because it worked great in 3.2.

I've attached an image to better explain it.

Thanks,

Billy

• Hi Billy,

Glad to hear you like the changes in LC4!

Thanks for the screenshot, I understand what you're trying to do. Right now this is expected behavior. We will look at changing this in the future to make it even easier, but until then, the recommended workflow is to add a new page, then drag the requests you want over to the new page.

Note that you will need to toggle the Connections view (button above the scenario explorer) and then drag over the connections that contain the requests you want to move to a new page.

Capture.JPG

The reason for this is that LoadComplete uses parallel connections to send requests like a browser, resulting in a very realistic load test. Therefore each request needs to be in a connection, and the empty Page element doesn't have any connections.

Hope this helps!

2 Replies

• Hi Billy,

Glad to hear you like the changes in LC4!

Thanks for the screenshot, I understand what you're trying to do. Right now this is expected behavior. We will look at changing this in the future to make it even easier, but until then, the recommended workflow is to add a new page, then drag the requests you want over to the new page.

Note that you will need to toggle the Connections view (button above the scenario explorer) and then drag over the connections that contain the requests you want to move to a new page.

Capture.JPG

The reason for this is that LoadComplete uses parallel connections to send requests like a browser, resulting in a very realistic load test. Therefore each request needs to be in a connection, and the empty Page element doesn't have any connections.

Hope this helps!

bpistole
      Contributor

Excellent!  Thank you so much for that explanation.  That works perfectly.