Forum Discussion

tschindler
9 years ago
Solved

Work on CheckList in the Eclipse Plugin

Hello,

we started working with collaborator in the last quarter and currently we are doing our first real peer code reviews with the tool. We use the Collaborator Server Version 9.4.9401 and the corresponding Eclipse Plugin Version 9.4.9401.000 on Eclipse Mars.2.

In order to guide our review process for different kind of reviews, we configured different Review Templates with different Checklists. Our aim is to do the complete review within the Eclipse IDE. But if I want to complete a review from within Eclipse and there is a checklist in place where not all checklist items are checked already, I can't complete the review from within Eclipse and I get the following message in the 'Moving on' section of the eclipse review editor:

'This template requires the checklist to be completed. The Review cannot be completed until all checklist items have been checked (either by you or other participants of the Review.'

Unfortunately the checklist items are not shown within the Eclipse Collaborator plugin and I have to switch to the Collaborator webclient in order to check the checklist items.

Is there a possibility to do this from within Eclipse?

Can I open somewhere a feature request for the Eclipse plugin?

Does the Eclipse plugin offer extension points so that I can extend with another plugin?

• Hello tschindler,

This is expected behavior, because you have set "Checklist Mandatory?" to "Mandatory". It means Collaborator checks all of the items from the checklist, before it allows someone complete the review.

You can make changes in the checklist using the "open browser" button at the top right corner.

As for the future request, you can register it here.

1 Reply

OlegB
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello tschindler,

This is expected behavior, because you have set "Checklist Mandatory?" to "Mandatory". It means Collaborator checks all of the items from the checklist, before it allows someone complete the review.

You can make changes in the checklist using the "open browser" button at the top right corner.

As for the future request, you can register it here.