Forum Discussion

krastanov
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Defects disappeared and review materials stuck on Loading...

Hello,

We are using collaborator v8.5.8502 and recently the defects withing one of the reviews dissapeared and the review materials section is stuck in "Loading...". Only one review is affected, the other are okay.

I have checked the log files on the server but couldn't find anything suspicious, any ideas what could be the culprit?

Thank you in advance.

MJackson
    9 years ago

It's hard to tell without seeing the logs/system data but it sounds like there's some sort of error in the db for that review.  I'd suggest opening up a support case through normal channels.  They will likely want a review dump to diagnose the issue (click on the "System" link in the footer and then the download button on the page that leads to).

2 Replies

krastanov
    New Contributor

an update:

When I execute review-xml against a broken review (./ccollab admin review-xml 160578 --xpath //artifact) I got the error shown bellow, on the other reviews everything is okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Fatal Error] :3:27: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
    ERROR: Executing command `ccollab admin review-xml`:
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 3; columnNumber: 27; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
    com.smartbear.CollabClientException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 3; columnNumber: 27; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.CommandAdminReviewXML.execute(CommandAdminReviewXML.java:226)
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.Command.validateAndExecute(Command.java:345)
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.Command.validateAndExecute(Command.java:426)
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.CLI.doMain(CLI.java:943)
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.Main.doMain(Main.java:145)
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.Main.main(Main.java:117)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 3; columnNumber: 27; XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.smartbear.ccollab.client.commands.CommandAdminReviewXML.execute(CommandAdminReviewXML.java:222)
    ... 11 more

When I try to get everything, the XML contains only:

./ccollab admin review-xml 160578
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <reviews>
    <review reviewId="160578"

It explains the error "[Fatal Error] :3:27: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.", but I still can't find where the culprit is.

MJackson
      Staff

It's hard to tell without seeing the logs/system data but it sounds like there's some sort of error in the db for that review.  I'd suggest opening up a support case through normal channels.  They will likely want a review dump to diagnose the issue (click on the "System" link in the footer and then the download button on the page that leads to).