Forum Discussion

ChrisF1
New Contributor
3 months ago
Solved

Changing role settings

Hi, thanks in advance for any advice here!

I want to change the settings within the roles, but can't get the role to be selected in the review template. I'll describe it further below.

Since reviews already exist with the current 'role configuration', I clone it to create a new one and changed the name of the old one to ****_old. However, when I select the new role configuration, in the review template, it will jump back to the _old one after I press save. Even cloning the review template and selecting the new role, it will jump back to _old after pressing save.

Does anyone know how to change role permissions? it is fine if they only take affect on future reviews.

• templates and roles are interconnected.  you cant change an existing template that is in use.    The sequence is establish new roles, set up and new template (new or based upon an existing), enable the template

4 Replies

John_D
    Champion Level 0

templates and roles are interconnected.  you cant change an existing template that is in use.    The sequence is establish new roles, set up and new template (new or based upon an existing), enable the template

ChrisF1
      New Contributor

Thanks John, I think this is the solution. Once a role/template has been used it can't be changed retrospectively so your sequence is correct. It is working now.

• I think the problem is related to caching or other technical aspects of the system. It is recommended that you contact support or your system administrator to identify and resolve this issue. They can suggest specific actions or check for possible problems with your role settings.