Forum Discussion

vikrant-yadav
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

How to setup Zbot as a services, instead of going cmd everytime and run java -jar to run file

Hi Team,

I have recently install Zbot, to export test results from other frameworks. How can i keep it running, instead of running it from CMD everytime?

How can i create multiple agents ?

• Hi vikrant-yadav ,

Currently it is not possible to run the jar file as a service. It has to be run via command line only and one machine can only have one zbot installed . This is by design as the zbot is unique to each user in JIRA and having duplicate zbots in a single machine can lead to performance issue.

Regards,

Bibek

BibekBehera
    4 years ago

You are welcome vikrant-yadav ,

The assignee is marked "Required "from your JIRA's create issue screen. Please make the same optional so that the zbot can publish the results. Zbots are designed to publish the results from your result file to JIRA hence the assignee should not be marked mandatory is what I can think of now.

Regards,

Bibek 

6 Replies

BibekBehera
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi vikrant-yadav ,

Currently it is not possible to run the jar file as a service. It has to be run via command line only and one machine can only have one zbot installed . This is by design as the zbot is unique to each user in JIRA and having duplicate zbots in a single machine can lead to performance issue.

Regards,

Bibek

vikrant-yadav
      Occasional Contributor

BibekBehera Thanks a lot for your response. 

It means i can't create more Zbot/Agent on my machine, right ? 

I am not able to select Assignee, Assignee field is not visible , not able to see user list. Without Assignee i am not able to add Task. Please suggest how can i fix this. 

BibekBehera
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You are welcome vikrant-yadav ,

The assignee is marked "Required "from your JIRA's create issue screen. Please make the same optional so that the zbot can publish the results. Zbots are designed to publish the results from your result file to JIRA hence the assignee should not be marked mandatory is what I can think of now.

Regards,

Bibek