Forum Discussion

benhesketh
New Contributor
3 years ago

Zephyr API: Problems with BROWSE_PROJECTS permissions

Hi, I'm trying to integrate with Zephyr's API and do some basic things like create a test cycle, add tests to cycle, add execution, change execution status but I keep getting caught up with permission problems.

I've had success at different moments with different APIs (200 response) without changing the payload, headers, or how I generate the JWT. So for this reason I believe that the authentication, headers and payload are fine. I'll give an example for how the request is being constructed for add cycle:

headers = {'Authorization': 'JWT eyJ...', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'zapiAccessKey': 'ND...'}

payload = {
'name': name,
'build': 'Build 3.1.0',
'environment': 'dev',
'description': 'cloned',
'projectId': 10005,
'versionId': -1,
}

POST 'https://prod-api.zephyr4jiracloud.com/connect/public/rest/api/1.0/cycle'

The response (403) is:

'{"errorType":"ERROR","clientMessage":"User does not have BROWSE_PROJECTS permission to perform the operation on project 10,005 issue .","errorCode":169}'

So I went to Jira and Zephyr config to try to fix the permissions, but no amount of tweaking with the permissions would fix the problem. Attached is a screenshot of the the permissions for this Jira Project. I also cleared Zephyr cache and the Zephyr permissions cache after each tweak to make sure that the changes would be in effect.

Can anyone help?

4 Replies

• Hi benhesketh 

Is there "edit" or all operations  associated with this role? 

if not can you add this to the permission

KR

Vincent

benhesketh
      New Contributor

Hi! Yes, the role has Edit permissions and nearly all others. Maybe the role isn't assigned to the Zephyr app or something?

vinniew
        Staff

Hey benhesketh 

Any times I had similar issues you described with was role based. 

Let me do some digging and il see what else it could be

KR 

Vinnie