Forum Discussion

sonya_m
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
3 years ago

[Inside Zephyr] Future of Test Management from the Zephyr Scale Sr Engineering Manager

Hi everyone!
Welcome to Inside Zephyr. This is an online event over the course of which you will not only meet the Zephyr Team, but also learn a lot of exclusive insights and get the chance to win prizes!

Todayโ€™s Inside Zephyr interview is with Vitor Pelizza (vpelizza), Zephyr Scale Senior Engineering Manager. Vitor speaks about the future of test management and how Zephyr Scale is aligning with it. Check it out!

After you watch the interview, join in the discussion and you could easily win a prize*!
Today's topic for discussion:

Introduce yourself: Where are you from? What Zephyr Scale integrations with automated tools are you currently using and what more integrations would you like to see in the tool?

Don't forget to subscribe to this event tag โ€“ InsideZephyr โ€“ to get notified of all related posts! 

* Our expert group will monitor all replies under this post to determine the winners.

7 Replies

• Nice small interview and cool community event!

I'm Toby from Mimimi Games. We're a small indie game studio based in Munich Germany.
    We're fairly new to Zephyr and are currently setting everything up for our next project called "Skartoffel".
    Regarding the topic "Automation": We're mainly doing most of the automated testing in the Unity Engine, because non of the regular tools can catchup with our requirements.
    We're also looking into Jenkins to connect and automated all our processes. Later on this will also lead to connections to Jira and hoepfully to Zephyr to make things even smoother for me as QA Lead.

Overall in regards to "Automation, I have absolutely the same opinion like Vitor has in the interview. The industry needs to push the automation, but the valuable manual testing will always be needed too.
    I strongly differentiate between checks and tests and always say "Checks should be done by a machine, but the testing needs to be done by creative human beeing!".

"What intregrations you would like to see?": More integration options to modern Game Engines like Unity or Unreal Engine are always nice to see.

vpelizza
      Staff

Hey Toby_Filthaus, that's nice, thanks for sharing!

Yes, definitely the creative bit will always require a human brain behind it to explore unusual scenarios and extend the test suite. Good feedback about integrating with modern game engines. I confess this is something we need to explore and learn more - it'd be something quite new to us. If you have any specific ideas, feel free to share or even post to our ideas portal. I'm sure these ideas will be welcome as we have quite a few customers from the gaming industry.

Thank you!

P.S: that Desperados game looks awesome, I'll check it out! ๐Ÿ™‚

sonya_m

Thank you smithapatil14 ! As far as I understand from your reply to another thread - you've had experience of working with Zephyr Scale. What integrations with test automation tools did you use? And, which integrations do you think would be nice to have for Zephyr Scale?

Our Team would be happy to learn about this๐Ÿ™‚

liocubs
    Occasional Visitor

Hey Sonja and Vitor, thank you for the interview and for your work on Zephyr ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm from The First Digital Bank in Israel, working in the QA team.

Zephyr Scale came a long way since TM4J and it's nice to see the progress.

I don't have much of a story to share, other than we do use Zephyr Scale to manage our tests, mostly the manual ones, and I would love to see an integration with Postman Collection tests and Newman's reporting abilities.

I'm pretty sure there's a way I can use Zephyr's integration with Jenkins to achieve some kind of integration, but it would be nice to have a built-in seamless integration between the two.

Thanks!

sonya_m

Hi liocubs and Toby_Filthaus ! Welcome to the Zephyr Community๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for sharing your journeys and ideas with us! Just like Vitor mentioned in the interview - the Zephyr team loves listening to user stories to understand what is important to them. Stay tuned for more content and discussions - we really felt like this is a great opportunity to introduce the team to all of you and show some 'backstage'.

vpelizza
      Staff

Hey liocubs,

Oh nice, you've been using the app since it was called TM4J, so at least for a couple of years now ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your feedback, it's really appreciated. About integrating with Jenkins, we do have a Jenkins plugin that allows you to upload your test results to Zephyr Scale seamlessly: https://plugins.jenkins.io/tm4j-automation/. Also, you can build your own scripts in Jenkins and then use Zephyr Scale's API to push results if you need something more specific.

Also, I have the feeling you would be looking for some integration from the other end as well, such as triggering Jenkins builds from within Zephyr Scale? I'm happy to hear more...

Thank you, and happy testing!