Forum Discussion

JohanS
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

How to find test cases with a specific execution result?

Would need to extract all test cases with execution result = blocked. I know how to extract test cases, but how can I find them based on their execution result?

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

In Reports:

- Choose the Test Executions Results (List) report

- Select your project

- For the filter, choose the Custom Query option

- Under the Test Execution option, add a filter based on Result In Blocked

JohanS
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks MisterB! That list can be exported to excel, but it does not include the test script steps. Is there some way to get those also extracted other than opening the test cases one-by-one?

The use case here is that the vendor (who does not have access to Jira) would need to have the blocked test cases including the test script steps so that they can try to execute the test case by themself. 

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

Hi Johan, I haven't found a way to easily do that yet, including looking at the API.  I would raise with the Support team.  A couple of workarounds though:

Run the Test Execution Results (Detailed) report with the same filter, and then either:

a) Copy & Paste into Excel - it will require some formatting work, or

b) Export to PDF, or

c) Export to OneNote, in a shared notebook with your vendor

Or of course the easiest way, buy a license for your vendor or force them to buy one! ğŸ˜€