Forum Discussion

5 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for but there is a gadget called "Test execution results by type" which seems to distinguish between manual and automated execution.  My test cases are all manual so I'm unable to validate but it looks like it might be what you need.  You can then access your custom fields as criteria using the "Filter by" "Custom Query" option.

Hope it helps.

Andy

Andras_D
      New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your answer MisterB, but I think it doesn't solve my problem. 😞

Let me clarify my problem again, but from a different point of view:

Let's suppose that there is a SUT (Sw Under Test), which covered by 1000 test cases stored in Zephyr Scale.
      Test automation started late, there are some test cases marked with "need to be automated" custom field - let's say the number of these is 200 test cases.
      And let's suppose that 50 test cases already automated.

I am searching for a solution how I am able to visualize test automation's progress in Zephyr Scale.
      So currently I would need a diagram \ gadget which contains 200 test cases, with the following legend:
      - 50 test cases marked as done \ automated
      - 150 test cases marked as not yet automated

So I am curious about how many test cases covered by automation already and how many is left.

Maybe the usage of a custom field (for "need to be automated") is a dead end (for visualization), and this is why I asked in the 1st comment "What is the best practice for visualization of automated \ not yet automated test cases?"

Kr,
      Andras

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

Hi Andras, 

I understand what you're trying to achieve.

I'm wondering if the Test Case Status field would help, along with the report Test Library > Test cases by status?

In my instance I have 3 test case statuses: Draft, Deprecated, Approved.  I'm thinking you could add or alter these statuses to include your two scenarios, e.g. Automated, and Not Automated.  To do that, click on the Zephyr Scale cog (not the Jira cog) and you'll see a Statuses section with one for Test Cases.  You can add them there.

You would then change the status of the test cases accordingly and the gadget/report mentioned above should work, showing you a donut chart of the split between the different statuses.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers, Andy