Forum Discussion

jmcleer
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Bulk edit exiting test cases in Zephyr

I have a set of 1000+ test cases that I would like to edit to add labels.  Is there a way to bulk edit tests?  Ideally I'd like to export all the test cases into csv format, add the label information, then import back with the original key IDs, names, etc. maintained.  Thank you.

• Thank you for your reply.  I can work this approach.  I would not be able to modify all 1000+ cases at once since not all have the same label but I do have tests grouped by folders and I can add the labels by folder.  I appreciate your help.

3 Replies

jfelix
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi, jmcleer! Thank you for your question.

You can do this by going to the Test Cases section and selecting the test cases you want to edit. Since you mentioned you want to edit 1000+ test cases, make sure to select the option Select all {{x}} existing test cases.

Then, click on the More button and then Edit in bulk... A modal will display the fields you can edit.

For labels, you can either add new labels to all test cases or replace any existing labels with new ones.

After you're happy with your changes, just click Confirm at the bottom of the modal to have your changes applied. Since you're editing a lot of test cases, it might take a bit longer to complete this process.

I hope you find this useful,

Cheers!

jmcleer
      New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I can work this approach.  I would not be able to modify all 1000+ cases at once since not all have the same label but I do have tests grouped by folders and I can add the labels by folder.  I appreciate your help.