Forum Discussion

tgiambra
New Contributor
4 years ago

Any way to copy test cycles from one project to another

I've searched the forum, but not found an answer.  Is there any way to copy a test cycle from one project into another?  Thank you,

4 Replies

felipe-munhoz
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

tgiambra also, would you mind elaborating more about your use case?

Maybe based on what you are looking for, we can find some alternative or workaround.

Thanks!

tgiambra
      New Contributor

felipe-munhoz, Thank you. We have a large database of a few thousand test cases.  For reasons I won't get into, we have done a lot of work and imported those test cases into a new TM4J project.  We have test cycles in the old one we'd like to copy/clone into the new one (some have more than 100 test cases in the cycle), but looks like we'll have to manually create.  To make matters worse, when we copied the test cases, the numbers (of course) didn't copy over to new one.

felipe-munhoz
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

tgiambra thanks for sharing more info. I can see it now.

If you are into API automation, and the manual work is way too big, you might want to consider some automated script using the Zephyr Scale REST API.

Here are the docs for Zephyr Scale Server/DC REST API:

https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-scale-server/api-docs/v1/

If you have a list of the testCycleKeys (former testRunKeys), you can get the Test Case list in each of them, and then, for each Test Cycle, you can create a new one in the destination project.

This should be possible and might be a faster option if the number of TestCycles/TestCases is very big.

ps: It seems that it would only be possible with Zephry Scale Server/DC, as the Zephyr Scale Cloud API doesn't seem to have the options to get/create test cases inside a test cycle.

Hope it helps.