Forum Discussion

falk_vonroenn
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

global parameters across test cases in Zephyr Scale

Hi,

I am searching for a way to maintain certain attributes globally to reuse them across many test cases in Zephyr Scale. Details like username and password for a certain environment being used for several test cases. I am searching for a way to maintain these centrally and not to adjust any test case related to these credentials.

Thank you

Falk

MisterB
    2 years ago

You're welcome.  You could select the test cases you want to apply a credentials against, and then choose the More>Edit in bulk option.  Page 2 gives the opportunity to amend custom fields so you could apply the change there (theoretically)

7 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

You could create a custom field "Select List" in Test Case and/or Test Execution and enter your variables there.  Once a value is allocated to a test case/execution you could amend that value in the custom fields area, and the amended value will appear in all test cases/executions that contain that 'parameter'.

falk_vonroenn
      New Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply. I created custom fileds for credentials but I don't get it how I can reference these in my test cases. Any help is appreciated!

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

You're welcome.  You could select the test cases you want to apply a credentials against, and then choose the More>Edit in bulk option.  Page 2 gives the opportunity to amend custom fields so you could apply the change there (theoretically)

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Ah, I see what you're trying to do.  I thought you were going in another direction.  In that case, there is a Parameter area in the test case which you can access by clicking on the cog.  I've not had the cause to use it yet but hopefully it does what you're looking for.

falk_vonroenn
      New Contributor

ok, thank you. Unfortunately parameters are not global across test cases. That's why I was looking for a different way. But your hint was already quite good with the custom field.

Thank you!