Forum Discussion

nicholasdmb
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Version Against Test Case Is Removed on Save

Hello,

I have created a new test cycle and then I click the test cycle number to select 'Add test cases.'

With a fix version already assigned to the test cycle, when I select the test cases I need and then click Add, the test cases are populated and highlighted via the Test Cycle.

I then can remove/add to the Assigned To and also add an Environment. It's noted at this point the Version field for each Test Case is populated.

Once I click Save, everything else but the Version for each test case is removed or cleared?

Please advise.

Nick

5 Replies

rbrownewell
    New Contributor

It looks like this issue is partially fixed now! (cc nicholasdmb). I am now able to set the Version for individual test cases from the Test Cycle and the setting persists.

However, I am still seeing the issue if I add test cases to the Cycle, and the Cycle has a Version assigned to it. The test cases correctly get assigned the same version as the Test Cycle, but as soon as you save the changes to the Cycle, the Version gets cleared out again. This feature is particularly helpful so that we don't have to individually edit the version for each test case in the list.

rbrownewell
    New Contributor

I am also facing this issue. The Version is cleared every time I save, even after setting it explicitly for each test case.

nicholasdmb
      Occasional Contributor

Hi rbrownewll,

Glad it's not just us. I found though I can assign a fix version for each test case via the test player of a test cycle, but very slow haha

rbrownewell
        New Contributor

Yep, that's what I ended up having to do as well. I recall this feature working in the past (at least I think I do), so maybe it got broken in a recent update? Hoping someone from SmartBear chimes in.