Forum Discussion

madhupriya
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to add owner field when imported test case via .csv file

What is the format to add owner name in the field. I get the following warning message saying 

• Cannot add value Madhu Pishke to field Owner - Invalid user value. User fields should match the key of an existing Jira user. E.g. "john.doe".

What is the correct format to do so?

• Hi.  I've come across this issue since last posting.  I think you have to use the hex(?) value of the user ID (not the username that's displayed).  The way I currently find that value is to create a Jira issue, assign the user I want to import as the reporter or assignee, then use the "Export to XML" function (which opens a new tab) and find the username and corresponding user value.  I then record the userIDs into a table in the Jira issue so that I have a record for the future if needed...

9 Replies

madhupriya
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for the response.

I got solution for this via REST API , GET call.

In fact, to comply with Jira and GDPR changes with Jira Server, the owner field and fields such as Executed by and others, are automatically converted to JIRAUSER<NNNNN> to anonymize user keys and usernames, read more about Jira GDPR changes from here.

Knowing this information, in Zephyr Scale, when importing a file, user would need to use the value JIRAUSER<NNNNN> in the Owner field, instead of using the username(s) for example. And this is also applied when exporting data from the UI or fetching data via the REST API as well.

Or simply by making a call/request against a user to find the corresponding Jira Key.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Does this user have permissions to the project in Zephyr Scale?  E.g. go to Project Settings > People > and search/add user there

madhupriya
    Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for your response. 

I would like to add test cases via .csv file, in that I have added a column for owner field as well. When I upload the file and match all the columns data. Owner field is not getting updated.

madhupriya
    Occasional Contributor

I don't think it's something related to permissions issue because it's the basic test case file upload via .csv . Anyone who can create test cases will be able to do so. 

• When I created a test cases manually.in scale, I notice owner name was having a "." between. eg. Madhu Pishke would be Madhu.Pishke

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi.  I've come across this issue since last posting.  I think you have to use the hex(?) value of the user ID (not the username that's displayed).  The way I currently find that value is to create a Jira issue, assign the user I want to import as the reporter or assignee, then use the "Export to XML" function (which opens a new tab) and find the username and corresponding user value.  I then record the userIDs into a table in the Jira issue so that I have a record for the future if needed...

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Thanks for sharing with the community 🙂