Forum Discussion

htongol
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Test execution results (detailed) is being summarize once exported to excel (dataset)

When I generate Test execution results (detailed) and use the excel (dataset) option. It doesn't show all the details of the report. 

Do I need to install something so that I can export the correct report?

9 Replies

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi htongol ,

afaik the dataset export option results in the same excel file regardless of the report you start from.

Cheers

Josh

htongol
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you josh42. Does this mean we don't have a way to export the reports we generate on Zephyr Scale cloud version?

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

You can export reports in both Cloud and Server but the Server version always exports ALL data from your test library, no matter what the criteria in the report.  Whereas, for me at least, the Cloud version exports only the data that is relevant to the criteria in the report.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I think this is a Server feature.  I'm using Cloud and I've noticed that the datasets are specific to the criteria.

htongol
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you MisterB! Is there a way we can export reports we generate on Zephyr Scale cloud version?

MisterB
        Champion Level 3

Yes, the reports that do have an export option should have an icon in the top right-hand corner (the 2nd one in the image below).  Click on that and choose Export (dataset).

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Ah, OK, I understand the issue now.  And what Josh said is valid: you cannot change the data that is exported by the report.  No matter which report you choose, the dataset exported is always the same.  If you're looking for detailed step data along with the step results, I think you will have to use the API - Cloud version here: Zephyr Scale for Jira Cloud API