Ask a Question

Question for AQA. How to post needed steps and results in Test Cases executed.

AlexQA
Occasional Contributor

Question for AQA. How to post needed steps and results in Test Cases executed.

Hi Everyone,
 I have a new question during integraton ZephyrScale with my automation. Here is failed test case from my test run.

AlexQA_0-1640368598274.png

AlexQA_1-1640368627642.png

I want the following things to do:
1. Have the full log from my automation steps. (Not only error like on screenshots.
Something like this but inside the comment to test case executed.

AlexQA_2-1640368783838.png

2. If I have failed result - input screenshot to attachment.
3. Mark the steps inside executed test case.
Is this possible according ZephyrScale features? If yes - maybe you have some steps for me. @DavidL @jfelix @josh42 @sonya_m .
Will appreciate any answer.

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3
DavidL
Staff

Hi!

You can add a comment when creating a test execution using the REST API.

https://support.smartbear.com/zephyr-scale-cloud/api-docs/#operation/createTestExecution

Maybe that could help?

AlexQA
Occasional Contributor

Hi DavidL,

Using ZephyrScale API I can add a comment to TestSycle in general when posting test results so I already know how to do it. I want to post comments for test cases separetly. So this does not help.

Have you tried the endpoint I mentioned? Because it should add comments to each test execution in your test cycle (and not in the cycle itself). The screenshot you have shared is actually showing a comment in a test execution so you can add a comment for each test execution separately using the above endpoint. Otherwise, I might be misunderstanding what you want to achieve.

Actually comments for test cases, test plans, and test cycles are not available on the Cloud version.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: