Forum Discussion

Vickey
New Contributor
2 years ago

Possible problem when a leglit ZS user can create test, but not to be assigned to execute the test

Does anyone have encountered such scenario, and perhaps can help me to figure out what the problem is?

ZC does not let me assign a legit user to a Test Cycle to execute test cases.

1. The user is added to an Atlassian group.
  2. JIRA project setting has selected this Atlassian group playing the QA role that can create and execute Test Cases.
  3. This user can create Test Cases and Test Cycles (ZS does show his name as creator.)
  4. However, when trying to assign the Test Cycle to him, his name is not found.
  5. The other users in the same Atlassian group does not have such problem. Their name can be found  when trying to assign the Test Cycle to them.

4 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I haven't had this issue before.  I've not been able to find users before but that was fixed by adding them into Project Settings > People - and then assigning a role - but it sounds like you've done all that.

Are you using Zephyr permissions in your project (Project Settings > Apps > Zephyr Scale) - maybe that's what's causing the problem.  If not, do you have the same issue with other users in the QA role?  Or what happens if you move your user into another role - does it still not work?

Vickey
      New Contributor

MisterB , yes, I am using ZS permission in Project Settings-Apps->Zephyr Scale. It gives permissions to the group that containing the problematic users. And, strangely, this problem does not happen to the other users in the same group.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

That sounds odd.  I don't know why that's happening, but I would do some testing to try and narrow things down to find the source of the issue, e.g. moving them into another group, etc., but first of all check that they have been added into the Project as a User (Project Settings > People).

There's always the smartbear support team too.  you can contact them here: Support Portal

Vickey
    New Contributor

MisterB , thanks for your reply. I sure will reach out to the support team.