Forum Discussion

tender82
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Is It Possible To Show Last Execution Date on the Test Cases Screen?

Right now, you can see whether or not a case was executed and what that execution status was (pass, fail, etc) with the dot on the main test cases page. What I am struggling with is determining when the last execution was for all of my cases.

I don't know how to actually determine which of my, say 120, cases have been executed in this release (and get a list of the ones that haven't been checked yet). I've looked through the reports and I can't figure out how to achieve this.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks!

Tim

(Image of the test cases page showing the green circles (execution status) next to the test case status.)

5 Replies

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi tender82 ,

what about the "test execution results (list)" report. Set a filter for the test cases you are interested in and in the resulting table you will be able to see a column with the execution date. You can even set a date range in the filter to only show the test executions within that range.

Furthermore, you could export this into an excel data sheet to do with as you please.

Cheers

Josh

tender82
      Occasional Contributor

Hey Josh!

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I'm noticing that while that mainly works, it's not showing any of the cases that haven't been executed yet. Here's the inputs I used to generate the report (image attached). I basically grabbed all of the cases from my project (EVAL) and then pulled in all cases from the folder /EVAL. 

I tried futzing with the 'Test Execution' section (not pictured) but even when I change it to Result > Not In > Pass, it only shows 3 test cases (2 that have failed and one that was skipped) and not the ones that have never been executed.

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi Tim,

Zephyr Scale distinguishes between test cases that are in a test cycle but have not yet been executed and test cases that are not even in a test cycle. The latter won't show up in any of the "test execution" reports. The former will.

Cheers

Josh

tender82
    Occasional Contributor

In thinking more about it, I would much rather prefer to see that information here in the test cases area anyway. If it were here, I could easily do a sort or filter for cases not executed during this release and quickly add them to a test cycle for end-of-release regression.

Right now, it's only a colored dot to indicate if the test has ever been executed and what its last status was. Having a date there would be super helpful.