Forum Discussion

bink92483
New Contributor
3 years ago

Importing Test Results from MS Excel

Hello, 

I have a situation where exported test cases from Zephyr need to be executed in an Excel spreadsheet.  Is there a way to import the test results (pass, fail, blocked, etc) back into Zephyr?  

Thank you. 

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I believe this is possible and you should be able to overwrite the existing test cases with updated data.  Here are some links on importing that might help:

Solved: Error when importing TestRail test cases into Zeph... - SmartBear Community

Solved: Error importing CSV - This file format is unsuppor... - SmartBear Community

All topics in this community with the word Import in them (might be handy if you come across an issue)

Search - SmartBear Community

Hope that helps.

Andy

bink92483
      New Contributor
      Thank you. For some further clarification...If I import the pass/fail
      results with the test cases back into Zephyr, would this be reflected as a
      passed or failed execution of such test cases?
        MisterB
        Champion Level 3

I've not had to do make this arrangement before and thought that the result field would be there but it's not, so to answer your question: can you import the result from Excel to Scale, it seems not.  You can however use the API to achieve this - I've added a link to the Server API page.  The testresult endpoint looks like the one you need (text description added below the link)

Zephyr Scale Server API (v1) (smartbear.com)

/testrun/{testRunKey}/testcase/{testCaseKey}/testresult

Updates the last Test Result on the specified Test Run, looking for an item that matches the testCaseKey and the query string filter parameters. Only defined fields will be updated.  If more than one item is found using the specified parameters, only the first one of them will have the Test Result updated.  The updated data can be seen inside the specified Test Run, looking for the last Test Results of the Test Case that matches the request parameters.