Forum Discussion

julian_palmer
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to control Zehpyr Scale report sort order

Hi there,

I am using the report "Test execution results by test cycle". I use a Custom Query to select based on all the cycles within a folder. That folder contains all the cycles associated with the project I am reporting against.

My problem is that the cycles are then shown in the report in a seemingly random order. In fact I cannot figure out why the order shown is being used.  All the cycles are there but they seem jumbled up.

My goal would be to show the cycles in the report listed in in alphabetical order.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Julian

• Hi Julian,

Zephyr does have an odd approach to sorting.  I remember something similar about the order that test cases were appearing in a test cycle, and that order was determined not by the test case ID, but by the order in which they were added.  Perhaps that's happening with the cycles in your folder, and they're appearing in the order the cycles were created - or maybe they're appearing in the order of the cycle IDs.  I can't do any testing at the moment as I have no access to Zephyr at this time.

As for sorting features, there aren't at the moment.  If it helps, and you don't mind a bit of tinkering in Excel, you can download the dataset from the report you're running, drop that into excel, and produce a report in there.

Andy

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi Julian,

Zephyr does have an odd approach to sorting.  I remember something similar about the order that test cases were appearing in a test cycle, and that order was determined not by the test case ID, but by the order in which they were added.  Perhaps that's happening with the cycles in your folder, and they're appearing in the order the cycles were created - or maybe they're appearing in the order of the cycle IDs.  I can't do any testing at the moment as I have no access to Zephyr at this time.

As for sorting features, there aren't at the moment.  If it helps, and you don't mind a bit of tinkering in Excel, you can download the dataset from the report you're running, drop that into excel, and produce a report in there.

Andy

julian_palmer
      Occasional Contributor

Many thanks for the insights Andy. I'll put an enhancement request in for a controllable sort order.