Forum Discussion

NBSMatt
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Dashboard custom query - can't select or manually enter test cycle folder

Per the image below, it does not seem possible to select a test cycle folder in the highlighted field by any means (clicking buttons, manual text entry, copy paste etc.), even though they have been created and contain test cycles, which themselves contain test cases. We are aware, however, that folder selection has been possible in the past - see subsequent image.

Working example:

• Hi,

I tested this on one of my projects and the folder criteria is working as expected.  I have setup some folders in the Test Cycles page for UAT 1 & UAT 2, each has sub-folders within them.  When I type "UAT" into the Test Cycles criteria as shown in your screenshot it works (image below).

Just checking that you definitely have a folder structure in the Test Cycles page as well as the Test Cases page?

3 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I tested this on one of my projects and the folder criteria is working as expected.  I have setup some folders in the Test Cycles page for UAT 1 & UAT 2, each has sub-folders within them.  When I type "UAT" into the Test Cycles criteria as shown in your screenshot it works (image below).

Just checking that you definitely have a folder structure in the Test Cycles page as well as the Test Cases page?

NBSMatt
    New Contributor

That works, thanks Mister B - the issue (not helped by the UI) is that if you start with a '/' per the actual file path that is ultimately represented in the view, it kills autocomplete and finds nothing