Forum Discussion

WBotes
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Attaching Files in a separate section to split test step input and output

Is there a way in Zephyr Scale to have a Test Step section when executing that separates the Executer's attached output files from the Input Files pre-attached to the Test Case?

There is a feature like this already in Zephyr Squad. This allows the output to be clearly split from the input in a single test step.

• I don't see an option for it and don't recall this being asked before so nothing to work with there either, which means I can only suggest workarounds: we ask our testers to paste screenshots into the step results field, or you could ask them to prefix their files and drag/drop onto the test step but I assume that would still lump input and output files together.

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I don't see an option for it and don't recall this being asked before so nothing to work with there either, which means I can only suggest workarounds: we ask our testers to paste screenshots into the step results field, or you could ask them to prefix their files and drag/drop onto the test step but I assume that would still lump input and output files together.

WBotes
    New Contributor

We'll simplify the test cases then and use the Test Case attachment section to house input attachments and request in a step that testers attach proof to that specific step.

In theory, it could be set up like that if there is an attachment field in the custom field settings. The fields can be set up separately for Test Steps and Execution Steps