Forum Discussion

KG
Occasional Visitor
4 years ago
Solved

Sharing Test Cases between Test Repository and Release more than once

Hi everyone, 

I wondered if anyone might be able to help with an issue that I am experiencing and suggest the best way to work around this.

To make sure our test cases are re-usable and also be able to see a full execution history, it is important that we dont create 'copies' of test cases.  In order to 'share' rather than 'copy', we create the test cases under the 'Project Test Repository' and then 'Share' the test cases into the 'Release' folder.  (Where we can then add the test cases to a test cycle and if any updates are made to the test cases, the changes will update in both places.

The issue that I have, is that I then want to create a 'Regression' folder, to add a sample of test cases into here.  If I have already shared the test cases between the 'Project Test Repository' and 'Release' folder, I am unable to share again into the 'Regression' folder.

What is the best way to get around this?

• Hi KG,

I've got a reply from the product team, and they require some more information. I'll send you a private message with the contact information of our product owner - please use it to continue the conversation about this topic.

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi KG,

I've got a reply from the product team, and they require some more information. I'll send you a private message with the contact information of our product owner - please use it to continue the conversation about this topic.