Forum Discussion

JPQ
New Contributor
2 years ago

Organizing releases from different Scrum teams that are working on the same product

Hi - I am new with Zephyr and I want to structure and optimize our process using the tool upfront. I took overview of the tool, watched videos etc... But would want to check if there are best practices that are out there that we can model to? We are using KANBAN board

Team composition is 5 scrum teams working on one product backlog. Scrum teams are working on backlogs that are scheduled with different releases.

How we can manage releases in an organized and streamlined way and avoiding manual import/export from JIRA? I did try JIRA sync but I think there is a limitation in structuring folders. My initial thoughts would be:

Scrum team 1

>  Status

> Issue type

Scrum team 2

>  Status

> Issue type

5 Replies

• Hi JPQ 

This sounds just like what JIRA Sync is designed to do - what limitation are you facing?

thanks

Mike

JPQ
      New Contributor

Hi Mike - on the requirements tab, I wanted to organize folders per Squad. But when I tried jira sync, I cannot filter per squad, seems "Squad" isn't part of the filter. Also, wanted to have multiple jira sync folders, but looks like we can only create one and do the filter through the jira sync options. 

JPQ
        New Contributor

Hi Mike - I was planning to have below structure of folders through Jira sync

Release 1.0

> Squad A

> Not started

> In-progress

> Complete

> Squad B

> Not started

> In-progress

> Complete

> Squad N

> Not started

> In-progress

> Complete

• Hi JPQ 

Thanks for the detail. The ZE Sync Config can parse out the filter result in this way if the filter contains all relevant columns - think of the filter as a "Master report" and use the Sync fields to section it.

I suggest creating the filter in JIRA to include all squads and tasks, then configure the JIRA Sync config in ZE as Field1=Squad and Field2=Status, I would expect it to appear as you ask.

JPQ
      New Contributor

I have this filter in JIRA which includes the "squad". But can't find "squad" on the dropdown on both field 1 and 2

project = WL AND issuetype in (Bug, Epic, Story, Task, Sub-task) AND status in (Approved, Backlog, "Code Review", Committed, "Dev Review", "In Development", "In Testing", "New Request", "Ready for Acceptance", "Ready for Testing", Refinement) AND fixVersion = Xcelerate-Core-2.6.0 AND labels not in (QA-ignore, qa-ignore) AND "Squad[Checkboxes]" in ("Squad C", "Squad S", "Squad B", "Squad D", "Squad A") ORDER BY created DESC