Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

html report to report each data driven loop as a test case

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

html report to report each data driven loop as a test case

Hi,

I have a data driven test, integrated with Jenkins. I report test results using "HTML report". However, it doesn't report each iteration of the loop as a separate test case/run. Is there a way to report each iteration run as a separate test case? Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Re: html report to report each data driven loop as a test case

Hello,

Do you mean that you have a data-driven loop within a Ready! API TestCase? If so, the behavior, which you observe, is expected and it cannot be changed - though some TestSteps are repeated, it happens within a single TestCase run, so the report shows a single record, which corresponds to it. 

Natalie
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

yes, it's within a test. how can I re-design my test case so each loop is treated as a new test case? Thanks,

Regular Visitor

I really think the reporting in data-driven testing could be improved. 

The normal case is, run 100 lines of data and see how many lines that failed/passed. This is separate from number of asserts or teststeps run. For each loop in a data-driven testcase, it should be possible to report a test result. 

Total TestSteps: 900

Total Request Assertions: 2087

Total Failed Assertions: 210

Total Exported Results: 92

Total Data Driven Loops: 100

Total Data Driven Loops failed: 97

If this also could be exported in junit xml format, it would be great. 

Contributor

Agree. Its time Smartbear brings in the feature to show the reports of tests that are run using DataLoop.

Ask a SmartBear