cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send header values through cammand line arguments while running security testing through CLI

Occasional Contributor

How to send header values through cammand line arguments while running security testing through CLI

Hi i want to send the header values such as Authorization through cammand line argument as i am running my security test cases through cammand line arguments.

Cammand Line Argument which we are using is 

securitytestrunner.bat -r -a -f"C:\report" -R"SecurityTest Report" -F"PDF,XML,CSV" -s"TestSuite 1" -c"Customer" -n"SecurityTest 1" -E"Default environment" "C:\Users\admin\soapui-project.xml"

I am using ReadyAPI Secure Pro for running security test scans.

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor

Re: How to send header values through cammand line arguments while running security testing through

You can use gloabl header parameter "-H" to specify any global header for all requests. For example: -H"Authorization=Basic ZWx1c3VhcmlvOnlsYWNsYXZl" will add basic authorization header to requests.

Occasional Contributor

Re: How to send header values through cammand line arguments while running security testing through

Hi thanks for your reply ,

i just wanted to know that how this test cases are running as i went through your documentations and not got the answer,

as i want to know that how the request is hitting on my url as i am not giving the correct auth token so how it will reach to my service request., so my service will not be validated but then also its giving OK in response.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: