Forum Discussion

la2texas
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Hard RestSharp dependency on version 100.0.0.0?

I'm trying to use another library that depends on RestSharp >= 105.x.x.x. But it fails when only referencing the same version as TestLeft (100.0.0.0) (meaning I try to appease SmartBear by referencing the version 100.0.0.0 assembly, but my other library fails). 

When I try to update RestSharp to version 105.x.x.x, testleft fails because it cannot find version 100.0.0.0 (meaning I try to appease the other library, hoping that TestLeft will work with newer versions, but it fails).

Does TestLeft SPECIFICALLY depend on version 100.0.0.0? What is the recommended solution to fix this?

The specific error is:

Result StackTrace:
at SmartBear.TestLeft.WebApiWrapper.WebApiClient..ctor(String baseUri, Int32 timeout)
at SmartBear.TestLeft.DriverImpl..ctor(String host, Int32 port)
at SmartBear.TestLeft.LocalDriver..ctor(Int32 port)
at DeltaClient.Test.UserAcceptance.Fixtures.TestFixture..ctor() in C:\Projects\MyProject\Fixtures\TestFixture.cs:line 38
----- Inner Stack Trace -----
at SmartBear.TestLeft.WebApiWrapper.WebApiClient..cctor()
Result Message:
System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for 'SmartBear.TestLeft.WebApiWrapper.WebApiClient' threw an exception.
---- System.IO.FileLoadException : Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=100.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=598062e77f915f75' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

5 Replies

la2texas
    Occasional Contributor

The specific error is:

Result StackTrace:
    at SmartBear.TestLeft.WebApiWrapper.WebApiClient..ctor(String baseUri, Int32 timeout)
    at DeltaClient.Test.UserAcceptance.Fixtures.TestFixture..ctor() in C:\Projects\MyProject\Fixtures\TestFixture.cs:line 38
    Result Message:
    System.TypeInitializationException : The type initializer for 'SmartBear.TestLeft.WebApiWrapper.WebApiClient' threw an exception.
    ---- System.IO.FileLoadException : Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=100.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=598062e77f915f75' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

vijayeleswarapu
      New Contributor

Any workaround exists for this . I am also getting the same issue.

This is coming when RestSharp is being used at multiple places in the same project  or solution. 

Ex : There is a DLL we are referring into project which has dependency on  RestSharp .

vijayeleswarapu
      New Contributor

Any workaround exists for this . I am also getting the same issue.

This is coming when "RestSharp" is being used at multiple places in the same project  or solution. 

Ex : There is a "DLL" we are referring into project which has dependency on " RestSharp "

la2texas wrote:

The specific error is:

Result StackTrace:
      Result Message:

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am not .Net guru, so the only thing I can recommend at the moment is to create a Support ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestLeft form and reference this thread.

I would appreciate it if you update this thread with the result of your communication with Support.