Forum Discussion

ashishgeorge
New Contributor
8 years ago

which version of mozilla is supported for testcomplete12.10?

Iam a beginner in testcomplete.. i made  a sample piece of code  for a particular application which supports internet explorer.

Which version of mozilla i should download so that my script runs. Iam using testcomplete 12.10?

6 Replies

ashishgeorge
      New Contributor

Is it mandatory to download patch file.As I read  the document,it is mentioned that testcomplete 12.10 will support 45 to 49.

As you suggested i downloaded the patch file..How should i proceed? please help me out?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

ashishgeorge wrote:

Is it mandatory to download patch file.As I read  the document,it is mentioned that testcomplete 12.10 will support 45 to 49.

As you suggested i downloaded the patch file..How should i proceed? please help me out?

TestComplete 12.10 does support those versions... however, Firefox has updated since the 12.10 release so, if you want to run against the latest Firefox, you need the patch.  If, however, you are running Firefox 45 to 49, you won't need the patch.

HOWEVER... Firefox, like Chrome, likes to automatically update people so, if that happens, you will need the patch.  

With the patch, you can run UP TO 50.x so basically any version up to that point.