Forum Discussion

leeasdf9
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

unknown license key

hi,

there is unkown product key/info found on one of my workstation(pls. see attached file), where no TestComplete/TestExecute installed. could somebody tell me what it is? 

Thanks,

Lee

• Hi Lee,

where no TestComplete/TestExecute installed.

The screenshot seems to be taken on the box where the License Manager is installed. License Manager for Floating licenses is a stand-alone application that does not require any other product by SmartBear to be installed together with it.

So what is shown on the provided screenshot is that there is one license installed on the given license server with two features. One feature has already expired (I guess it was for the trial period) and another feature is active.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Lee,

where no TestComplete/TestExecute installed.

The screenshot seems to be taken on the box where the License Manager is installed. License Manager for Floating licenses is a stand-alone application that does not require any other product by SmartBear to be installed together with it.

So what is shown on the provided screenshot is that there is one license installed on the given license server with two features. One feature has already expired (I guess it was for the trial period) and another feature is active.

leeasdf9
      Frequent Contributor

hi Alex,

Many thanks again for the help!! as we have too many VM Clients, i almost lose overview, what when installed on which one. I just don't want to format this client with active TestComplete/TestExecute license.

it must be the standalone license manager with trial version of TestComplete, i think i can format this client without concern.

Thanks again and Best Regards,

Lee

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Lee,

Perpetual feature for the trial version looks suspisious to me...

And installation of the License Manager on a virtual machine is not recommended in the documentation.

To be on the safe side if you like to reformat this machine I would recommend first to unregister the license/feature via the License Manager and then proceed with reformatting.

Unregistering the license should make it been marked as 'not activated' on your Customer Portal (https://my.smartbear.com) where you should be able to check what licenses you have and on what machine this or that license was activated (floating popup window when you hover the link for the activated license).