Forum Discussion

Testcompletetak
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

unable to see the test complete test cases (integration with VS)

Hello,

Project wants to utilize this feature "Running TestComplete Tests as Part of a Test Plan" (TFS 2015<>VS 2015 community<>TC 12)

Followed the instructions mentioned below: 

https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/82468/

But unable to see the list of test cases that were created in test complete(.tcKDTest). It's throwing all test cases created with extension (.tc12Test) under "Associate automation" which is described under "Associating a Test Project With a Test Case" in the tutorial. Tried using visual basic and C sharp the result is same.

I have attached the screen shot for reference

tristaanogre
    8 years ago

You've created the tests, however, you have not associated those tests with project test items.  Take a look at the following article for some more detailed instructions. https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/80597/

Once you have test items created, they should then show up.  So, basically, you need to take the those keyword tests and associate them with test items.  It would look something like this.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It's been a while since I've done work adding TC tests to VisualStudio but, IIRC, here's some things for you.

1) The extension you indicated of tc12Test is the correct extension for the file created by VisualStudio as the wrapper around your test project. TCKDTest is the extension in TestComplete for Keyword Driven Tests and is internal to Testcomplete. So, you are seeing correct behavior there.

2) When you create your test item in visual studio, as the article you linked indicates, you need to point the TestComplete item to the project (PJS file) that contains the tests you want to run. This will then give you the list of tests in the project that you can then check/uncheck as desired.

3) The tests that are exposed to your Visual Studio environment correspond to Test Items in the project. If your project has no test items, then they won't show up in Visual Studio. Please make sure that your project has test items created/declared before you attach it to your visual studio item.

Hope this helps give you some direction.

Testcompletetak
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Trista, let me try that now and see

Thanks Trista,

I understood the point number 1, in point number 2 you stated that "(.PJS file) that contains the tests you want to run. This will then give you the list of tests in the project that you can then check/uncheck as desired." I don't see the items associated with .pjs file. In other words user has created 8 test scripts in test complete (.tcKDTest) should it display here? i believe it should as per your comments. If this happens then i see that it can be linked with manual test case. The issue on hand is it's not displaying the test scripts associated to the .pjs file.

I have attached the screen shots for the reference.

Regards,

Venkat 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

You've created the tests, however, you have not associated those tests with project test items.  Take a look at the following article for some more detailed instructions. https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/80597/

Once you have test items created, they should then show up.  So, basically, you need to take the those keyword tests and associate them with test items.  It would look something like this.