Forum Discussion

sumitfirm
New Contributor
7 years ago

test complete getting hanged after message Preparing an object recognition hint. any solution

Hi ,

I am using Test Complete 12.30. After starting the execution after some time getting  "Preparing an object recognition hint"  and test complete is getting hanged . Even clicking on Stop button Test Complete does not support . and in result I need to kill the Test Complete process to re start the Test Complete .

4 Replies

• Hi,

Please try to switch to TestComplete 12.31 as it contains improvements in this area.

sumitfirm
      New Contributor

Thanks for Reply dganov,

is it a defect in Test complete 12.30 and got fixed in 12.31 as you suggested to install 12.31 or its an improvement .

Regards

Sumit

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Lot's of things got improved in 12.31. One of the things that could be the culprit that was fixed:

Fixed: TestComplete could randomly change the Auto-wait timeout project property to 50.

If the auto-wait time out got set to 50, then you could have a lot of object identification problems.  So, I'd check that first.

If that doesn't resolve it, obviously, follow up with smart bear support. 

HOWEVER.... "Preparing an object recognition hint" message usually is an indication of improperly identified objects in the NameMapping repository within your project.  It would be a good idea to take a look at the test log to find what objects are having problems and then research their identification criteria and tighten it up.

elesniewski
    Occasional Contributor

Version: 12.42.3048.7 x64
    License Type: Perpetual

Preparing an object recognition hint is taking an extraordinary amount of time after 'Confirm' of Pop-Up window.

I have tried to shorten the 'Wait Timeout for Operations' of the confirm, but this has no effect on the Object message that follows. I have also tried to shorten the wait time on the operation after the Confirm. No effect.

I do not think it has anything to do with the landing page as I have seen my 'confirm' land on the same page as the current window, or a default page.

How can I speed this test up after this 'confirm' of a Pop-Up window?

Edit: Change 'Object Search Strategy' in Project Properties to 'Depth-first' has fixed this problem.